WE HATE SPAM. IT’S DISGUSTING. IN ALL FORMS. REALLY.
Now we have got that off our chest, here is the grown up bit:
Definitions and interpretation
Data - collectively all information that you submit to UP AND TO THE RIGHT Ltd via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Laws.
Data Protection Laws - any applicable law relating to the processing of personal Data, including but not limited to the retained EU law version of the General Data Protection Regulation (UK GDPR), the Data Protection Act 2018, and the GDPR .
GDPR - the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679;
Up and to the Right Ltd, we or us - UP AND TO THE RIGHT Ltd, a company incorporated in England and Wales with registered number 12551981 whose registered office is at The Barn 13-17 Margett Street, Cottenham, Cambridge, CB24 8QY;
UK and EU Cookie Law - the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 (as amended) , and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011;.
User or you - any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by UP AND TO THE RIGHT Ltd and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to UP AND TO THE RIGHT Ltd and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services.
Website - the website that you are currently using, www.u2r.co, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
a. the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
c. a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
d. “including” is understood to mean “including without limitation”
e. reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
- For purposes of the applicable Data Protection Laws, UP AND TO THE RIGHT Ltd is the “data controller”. This means that UP AND TO THE RIGHT Ltd determines the purposes for which, and the manner in which, your Data is processed. UP AND TO THE RIGHT Ltd is registered at ico.org.uk/register. Our registration number is ZB280157.
- We may collect the following Data, which includes personal Data, from you:
We do not collect or any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health, and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
How we collect Data
- We collect Data in the following ways:
- a. data is given to us by you
- b. data is collected automatically.
Data that is given to us by you
- UP AND TO THE RIGHT Ltd will collect your Data in a number of ways, for example:
a. when you contact us through the Website, by telephone, post, e-mail or through any other means;
b. when you register with us and set up an account to receive our products/services;
c. when you complete surveys that we use for research purposes (although you are not obliged to respond to them);
d. when you enter a competition or promotion through a social media channel;
e. when you make payments to us, through this Website or otherwise;
f. when you elect to receive marketing communications from us;
Data that is collected automatically
- To the extent that you access the Website, we will collect your Data automatically, for example:
a. we automatically collect some information about your visit to the Website. This information helps us to make improvements to Website content and navigation, and includes your IP address, the date, times and frequency with which you access the Website and the way you use and interact with its content.
b. we will collect some Data automatically via cookies, in line with the cookie settings on your browser. For more information about cookies, and how we use them on the Website, see the section below, headed “Cookies”.
c. from third parties or publicly available sources. We will receive personal data about you from various third parties as follows: Technical Data from the following parties: (a) analytics providers such as Kajabi; and (b) advertising networks such as Google and Meta; and (c) search information providers such as Google.
Our use of Data
- Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
a. internal record keeping and to perform any contract we are about to enter into with you or have entered into with you;
c. to comply with a legal obligation.
- We may use your Data for the above purposes if we deem it necessary to do so for our legitimate interests, and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests. If you are not satisfied with this, you have the right to object in certain circumstances (see the section headed “Your rights” below).
- When you register with us and set up an account to receive our services, the legal basis for this processing is the performance of a contract between you and us and/or taking steps, at your request, to enter into such a contract.
Who we share Data with / International Transfers
- We may share your Data with the following groups of people for the following reasons (and please see related section 22 below):
a. any of our group companies or affiliates - to fulfil any request for support;
b. our employees, agents and/or professional advisors - to fulfil any request for support;
c. third party service providers who provide services to us which require the processing of personal data - to fulfil any request for support;
Whenever we transfer your personal data out of the UK, we ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is implemented: (i) We will only transfer your personal data to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data; and/or (ii) Where we use certain service providers, we may use specific contracts approved for use in the UK which give personal data the same protection it has in the UK.
Keeping Data secure
- We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your Data, for example:
a. access to your account is controlled by a password and a username that is unique to you.
b. we store your Data on secure servers.
- Technical and organisational measures include measures to deal with any suspected data breach. If you suspect any misuse or loss or unauthorised access to your Data, please let us know immediately by contacting us via this form.
- If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your information and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit www.getsafeonline.org. Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses
- Even if we delete your Data, it may persist on backup or archival media for legal, tax or regulatory purposes. We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed.
- You have the following rights in relation to your Data:
a. Right to access - the right to request (i) copies of the information we hold about you at any time, or (ii) that we modify, update or delete such information. If we provide you with access to the information we hold about you, we will not charge you for this, unless your request is “manifestly unfounded or excessive.” Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request. If we refuse your request, we will tell you the reasons why.
b. Right to correct - the right to have your Data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
c. Right to erase - the right to request that we delete or remove your Data from our systems.
d. Right to restrict our use of your Data - the right to “block” us from using your Data or limit the way in which we can use it. With regard to email marketing, you can ask us to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you, or by contacting us at any time.
e. Right to data portability - the right to request that we move, copy or transfer your Data.
f. Right to object - the right to object to our use of your Data including where we use it for our legitimate interests, and withdraw consent.
- To make enquiries, exercise any of your rights set out above, or withdraw your consent to the processing of your Data (where consent is our legal basis for processing your Data), please contact us via this form. You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we could refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
- If you are not satisfied with the way a complaint you make in relation to your Data is handled by us, you may be able to refer your complaint to the relevant data protection authority. For the UK, this is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). The ICO’s contact details can be found on their website at https://ico.org.uk/.
- It is important that the Data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your Data changes during the period for which we hold it.
Links to other websites
Changes of business ownership and control
- We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
- In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
- All Cookies used by this Website are used in accordance with current UK Cookie Law.
- Before the Website places Cookies on your computer, you will be presented with a message bar requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies, you are enabling UP AND TO THE RIGHT Ltd to provide a better experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies at any time by selecting the ‘Decline All’ option on our Website; however certain features of the Website may not function fully or as intended.
- This Website may place the following Cookies:
Strictly necessary cookies - These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
Analytical/performance cookies - They allow us to recognise, distinguish and count the number of visitors, to see request rates, and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works.
- You can find the exact list of Cookies that we use by running a report on the website of our Cookies consent management tool, CookieScript: https://cookie-script.com/ . The information presented in this report also states the duration for each Cookie that is deployed on our website.
- You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our website. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser.
- You can choose to delete Cookies at any time; however, you may lose any information that enables you to access the Website more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, personalisation settings.
- It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to- date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
- For more information generally on cookies, including how to disable them, please refer to aboutcookies.org. You will also find details on how to delete cookies from your computer.
- Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
- This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales. All disputes arising under the Agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
- This website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.